CrowdfundHQ has taken the last month to plan the road ahead, and we've already started implementing what will be a major upgrade to the whole platform:
- The internals will be rewritten to create a complete API to our platform. This will allow people to create their own front-ends, or use CrowdfundHQ as a remote service, as well as having complete control over the database.
- The application will be split up into several separate services based on the API. This is to make the platform more robust and easier to maintain.
- We will be adding a bunch of new payment gateways.
- The default front-end for sites will be upgraded with a reponsive design and new paradigms.
- The blog and support forum will be upgraded and made available for all accounts for use with their sites.
- Finally, the servers will be upgraded for more speed, storage and possibilities.
Expect a few months for this whole transition to be complete.
Today's release is a maintenance release, which includes the following:
- Added a new default category, "Closed", for limited keep it all campaigns that didn't reach their goal but had contributions. It is hidden by default.
- The minimum amount contributed now supports decimals and can be less than 1
- Updated documentation on payments
- Updated documentation on domain setup
- Moved the Ads tab to be under the Design tab
- Fixed an issue with embedding videos while commenting on site
- Fixed an issue with sitemap generation
- Removed support for 8 little used languages (da sv iw ur ar th bg nl). This is so we can provide a higher quality on the other languages we support, and to make them easier to maintain.