- Contact information
- About us
- Search engine tools
- Search engine appearance
- Monitor traffic
- Terms & conditions
The overall design of you site builds trust, and lets your users know you are serious. It reflects your brand and your mission, and is maybe the most important thing in leaving a solid first impression.
Your logo is part of the first impression your users get when they arrive at your site, and is very important. It is used everywhere for marketing and branding purposes.
You can upload your own logo by going to "Dashboard" and clicking the upload bar.
Blogging is a very powerful tool for getting organic high quality visitors to your site. Your site comes with a blogging engine built in.
Go to Manage Site > Configuration > Sharing > Blog to set it up. The blog will be available at http://www.yoursite.com/blog
4. Contact Information
Having contact information helps building trust in your website.
Consider displaying the following on your website:
- Company Information
- Mission Statement
5. About Us
Telling your visitors about yourself and your mission helps building trust in your website. Consider displaying the following on your website:
- Who you are
- Explain your vision
- Names of key people
- Pictures of key people
- Contact information of key people
6. Search Engine Tools
Submit your website to the major search engines. In addition, all of the major search engines offer valuable tools to webmasters. You can for instance see what the search engine has indexed, get tips for improvements and warnings of potential errors on your website.
Links to webmaster tools for the three largest search engines:
7. Search Engine Appearance
How does your website appear in search engines? Are you actively sharing your URL?
Do a search for your website online. Is it on the front page? Does the search result reflect the content of your site?
You can control how your website looks in the list of search results displayed by search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo or DuckDuckGo. You will get more clicks if your website seems attractive. You can check how your website looks by searching for it using any major search engine.
Two settings control how your website is displayed.
This is the headline in the search results. You can set title for your website in general and for individual pages.
- Site wide: Manage Site > Configuration > Settings > General > Site Title
- Individual pages: Manage Site > Design > Pages > Edit > Title
This is the text below the headline in the search result. You can set description for your website in general and for individual pages.
- Site wide: Manage Site > Configuration > Settings > General > Meta Description
- Individual pages: Manage Site > Design > Pages > Edit > Meta Description
8. Monitor Traffic
Monitoring traffic to your website gives you great insights into who your customers are, where they come from, how many visitors your website generates and much more.
We support Google Analytics for this purpose.
What your write, and how your write it, is of great importance to how visitors perceive your website. Consider followng these guidelines when writing for the web:
- Use simple language to make sure everybody understands you.
- Use short sentences to make it easier to read.
- Make sure there are no spelling mistakes.
- Think about your target group while you write.
10. Terms & Conditions
Having a page with terms and conditions helps building trust in your website.
Not sure what to include?
- Look at similar websites in your country and see what they have written.
- You're not the first one to write terms and conditions, search for it.
Do you have running campaigns on your website? New users are more likely to sign up on your site if there are a few running campaigns.
Here's how you can get more campaigns on your site:
- Find partners to co-operate with. Look for people, organizations or companies who could benefit from using your website.
- Advertise your website. There are many ways to do advertising. Search around to find the advertising method best suited for your website.
- Make your site visible on search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing and DuckDuckGo.
Here are some tips to help campaigns get more contributions:
- A slow campaign means contributors are not attracted. Look at the campaign page. Would you contribute to this campaign? Change the picture, video and text. Make use of commitments and rewards.
- Contributors should be excited about the project.
- Ask the campaigner to advertise the campaign. There are lots of ways of advertising. Do some Google searches to find the advertising method best suited for your campaign.
- Sharing on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube and much more) is a great, easy and cheap way of advertising.
- Help your users create better campaigns. You can inform about this on your website or through e-mails.